Baker College Prep Campus is focused on giving all students a rigorous college-prep education. The foundations of our academic program that allow us to prepare students for college in four years include, but are not limited to:
1) Lengthened School Day – Students receive approximately 2,000 minutes of instructional time each week.
2) Extended School Year - The year begins in August and ends in June.
3) Extra Literacy Instruction - Students receive double instructional time in reading during their freshman year.
4) Accountability - Students who do not meet the expectations necessary to pass classes must retake courses at night and/or during the summer.
5) Support through Advisory - Students are a part of a single gender advisory in which students remain all four years. In advisory, students develop a close personal relationship with an advisor who helps prepare them to succeed in high school and prepare for success in college.
6) Excellent Teachers - Teachers who are selected to teach at Baker College Prep go through a rigorous selection process. All teachers embody our core values, believe in the potential of all students to graduate from college and aim to be masters of their teaching craft.
7) College-Readiness Curriculum - Teachers plan their lessons across all four years using ACTs college-readiness standards tied to each grade level.
8) Setting Ambitious Goals - Teachers set ambitious goals for their students, track student progress toward these goals, and constantly reflect on student progress.
9) Partnership and Commitment - All Baker College Prep staff members, families of Baker College Prep students, and Baker College Prep community partners share a commitment to bettering the academic paths of our students.
- Job Opportunities